fbpx

Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Algorithm Chatter, Bad Links, News Bugs, Bing Machine Learning & MoreThis week I covered a possible small Google algorithm update that touched down sometime over the week. Google said you really shouldn’t have to worry about bad links but if you do…
Google Organic Search Doesn’t Have A Negative Keywords FeatureI know this is obvious for most of you but while Google Ads (AdWords) has a way to exclude your site for coming up in the search results for specific keywords, Google organic search does not. You cannot tell Google, please do not rank my site when people type in keyword X or Y.
Local SEOs Say Google Posts Traffic Significantly DecliningA group of local SEO experts are saying in the Local Search Forums that the Google Posts traffic has significantly declined over the past month or so. This specifically happened when Google moved the Google Posts to the bottom of the knowledge panel around October 1st.
Google: We Fixed The Date Bug Between Performance Reports & Search Analytics ReportsRemember, for the past year or so, there has been a bug where the old Search Analytics report in the old Search Console did not match the new version called the Performance report. Specifically, the report was a day off as we covered here and before. Google’s John Mueller said it was fixed.
Google Moved Some Of The Old Google Search Console ReportsAs expected, yesterday, Google officially moved several of the old Google Search Console reports to the new interface. The specific reports moved include AMP, Index Status, Links, Manual Actions, Mobile Usability, Rich Cards, and Search Analytics. Everything else is remaining where it is thus far.
Really Large Google Ad CreditHere is a photo of one of the biggest or largest Google Ads credits I have ever seen. Not in terms of the dollar amount but in terms of the physical size. Yes, it is a jumbo size certificate for an
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
As of today, 82% of pages loaded in Chrome on Android are served over the secure #HTTPS protocol.🔐🔐 If your website is in the other 18% percent, find out why & how to secure your site : https://t.co/V06rAwhI1g, Google Webmasters on Twitter
I don’t think so. Usually if you can host & update your sitemap on a site, you can also host other things (like a verification file). I’d try to get the other site verified too, in order to get the infos. The sitemap works fine, John Mueller on Twitter
Seeing quite a lot in the UK today. Interesting thing is there’s a link to the page where image has been sourced. @EricHedekar would be interesting to track who is appearing in the images, but looks like they’re loaded with JS. Ar, Dan Nutter on Twitter
Bing Launches Web Analytics Tool, “Clarity”, WebmasterWorld
#GoogleAdsUpdates We’re simplifying our interactivity features for video ads. We will sunset the YouTube call-to-action overlay in January 2019 and introduce a new call-to-action extension. Learn more here → https://t.co/RGM0v8h, Google Ads on Twitter
Published on the #Optimisey YouTube channel yesterday (channel subscribers get this early! Hint-hint!): @IrishWonder’s brilliant talk/rant on how #SEO’ers and developers can (and must) work better together: https:, Optimisey on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Analytics
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
SEO
PPC

Call Now ButtonCall Now!
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com